Here at OSC Web Design, we are big advocates of inbound marketing and responsive, modern website design. But why should you take our word for it? Take a look at the facts and decide for yourself. Here’s what 13 statistics say is important for your website.
1. The average content length for a web page that ranks in the top 10 results for any keyword on Google has at least 2,000 words. The higher up you go on the search listings page, the more content each web page has.
Content, content, content! The more you produce, the more likely you are to rank in organic search results.
2. 50% of all mobile searches are conducted in hopes of finding local results, and 61% of those searches result in a purchase.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is important for even local businesses. Ranking high is no longer a desire limited to eCommerce stores.
3. SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound leads (such as direct mail or print advertising) have a 1.7% close rate.
Users are becoming numb to and even offended by traditional outbound marketing. They want to research products and services themselves, at their own pace.
4. B2B marketers that use blogs receive 67% more leads than those that do not.
Wow. 67% is a LOT of business to potentially miss out on. Start writing blogs today or contact a marketing firm!
5. 83% of marketers indicate that social media is important for their business.
By now the majority of businesses are on social media. Give your business a voice and connect with your buyer personas with consistent posting.
6. The number of businesses that say Facebook is critical or important to their business has increased by 75%.
You can find practically anyone, from your kid’s friends to your grandma on Facebook. People “like” businesses here to support them, keep updated, and even to look for store hours and location.
7. Social media has a 100% higher lead-to-close rate than outbound marketing.
That’s a big pill to swallow for outbound marketers.
8. Ratio of views to share of Facebook comments: 9:1.
Feel like your social media marketing isn’t working? Even if you aren’t seeing lots of interaction, you’re planting a seed in users minds and providing easy navigation to your website.
9. Daily Pinterest users have increased by more than 145% since the beginning of 2012.
If it makes any sense at all for your business’s products and services to be on Pinterest – be there!
10. Content marketing generates 3 times as many leads as traditional outbound marketing, but costs 62% less.
Inbound marketing is not only better, it’s cheaper!
11. Mobile digital media time in the US is now higher at 51% compared to desktop (42%).
Your website should be responsive and optimized for all devices.
12. Personalized emails improve click-through rates by 14%, and conversion rates by 10%.
Everyone wants to feel special. Put a stop-order on the email blasts, and at least add a personalized name to each one.
13. Nurtured leads make 47% larger purchases than non-nurtured leads.
Show your leads that you care. Nurture them with customized content that speaks to their goals and concerns.
What do you think? Are search engine optimization (SEO), inbound marketing, and growth-driven design (GDD) right for your business? If you’re still unsure, you may be interested in learning more with the beginner guides below!