When your business provides quotes to potential leads, it’s not always easy to get the phone ringing.
You understand that it’s critical to have a conversation before providing a custom quote or an estimate for the job, but potential customers may have hesitation. Perhaps they are motivated by price or are doing an initial vendor comparison, but you know that getting them on the phone or having the sales meeting will prove you’re the best fit for the job.
The problem is: how do you get leads on the phone or in a meeting?
For many businesses, the secret is higher lead conversions on your website. But how do you go about that? How do you increase your online conversions when you provide custom quotes to potential customers? Read on to find out how.
1. SHOW YOUR EXPERTISE
One of the best ways to get potential customers interested in your services is by showing off your expertise. You’ll start to prove your value by showing your expertise.
There are multiple ways to do this, so choose the best option(s) for you!
- Create consistent content: From blogging to video creation to social media to email marketing, there are a ton of fantastic ways to consistently reach your audience. Focus on creating quality content for your audience that they can put into practice. Once they realize that your service is too challenging to DIY, they’ll contact you to do the job for them!
- Give away free content: Similarly, create content with value for potential customers by packaging it in a way that both engages and keeps them interested in learning more. For instance, whitepapers, infographics, and downloadable freebies are excellent ways to share great content and (bonus!) you can put these downloads behind an email signup so that you consistently add to your email list.
- Create case studies: Case studies are an excellent way to help potential customers see the value in your work through story. Talk about different types of clients and the success they’ve had thanks to your valuable work. Include relevant statistics, numbers, and any data that will show how instrumental your services are.
2. SHOWCASE TESTIMONIALS
Word of Mouth is still one of the most valuable marketing resources at your disposal. Referrals from trusted friends, family, or colleagues hold some of the biggest weight when given to potential leads.
Here are a couple of ways to leverage Word of Mouth for your business:
- Remind happy customers to refer: It’s more common for us to share a bad experience, rather than a great one. (In fact, it’s said that you’ll tell one person about a great experience you had, but you’ll tell ten people about a bad one!) Help happy customers help you by reminding them (with a quick note, email, or call) and ask if they have any referrals for you. You can even offer an incentive for this with a gift card or something similar!
- Ask for testimonials: The second best option to WOM? Online testimonials. Acquiring as many testimonials or referrals as you can will help potential customers see your success with previous clients. Showcase these testimonials on your website, Google My Business page, social media accounts, and even within your proposals.
3. OFFER AN INCENTIVE
If you’re still struggling with getting more leads or more conversions from your online efforts, consider offering client incentives.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Seasonal incentives: Depending on your business, there may be opportunities for big incentives depending on the time of year. If your business slows down around the holidays/end of year, consider offering a 10% holiday discount to customers. Or, if you think your B2B customers will appreciate a tax season incentive, think about marketing your services around using tax refunds for your services. Think about your target audience and an incentive around the best time of year for them.
- Free sales calls: While many businesses we work with offer free sales calls to potential leads (especially when those businesses create custom quotes), it’s not always apparent. Keep potential leads moving forward by making it extremely clear that you offer free sales calls. This will help entice potential leads to fill out your contact form or pick up the phone and call, since there is no obligation.
- Give something away for free or a discount: Think of an easy and unique initial step that will help get leads in the door and on the way to becoming a customer. Many businesses may offer some type of audit to showcase what potential work can be done for customers. Things like audits can be offered complimentary or (more ideally) for a small fee. A small fee is actually more beneficial as it starts getting a customer invested in the opportunity to work with you.
And there you have it! Three incredible ways to start improving conversions for your quotable business.
And if you need help creating a digital marketing presence that represents your business and reaches your target market, contact us at OSC Web Design.